I was looking through some old posts today and came across this one, and do you know that even though that this was posted in July 2011, it all still applies, so I've decided to repost this today to help all those newly engaged couples with their wedding planning!
So here it is in its entirety.....
Congratulations, you are now engaged to be married. It has suddenly hit you that you need to plan your wedding and you don't know where to start!! Here are my Top 10 tips for starting your planning process.
5. Decide on your theme, there are so many ideas out there it's good to do a bit of research, visit wedding websites, photographers websites, look in magazines and make yourself a mood board and play around with ideas and colours to get that perfect look. Shop around to get yourself the best deals.
|Contact us for Supplier of this Dancefloor|
7. Flowers again are something that many couples leave until the last minute, thinking about this early and deciding what you really want is so important, the flowers can complete the look of your outfits on the day, you want them to compliment your dress/outfits as well as tying in with your colour scheme. Consider the time of year you are getting married and what blooms are in season at the time.
8. Family arguments!! This is a very common theme for many weddings and the way to avoid confrontations and resentment is to lay the ground rules down early on. This is your wedding and you want it done your way, it's so crucial that you never lose sight of that. Involve your bridal party and family in the planning, assign tasks and roles to everyone, listen to their ideas and implement the ones your like. If you don't like an idea be tactful and say something like "I like that idea, but would like to think about a few others before making a final decision"
9. Think about hiring a Wedding Planner/Consultant. Seriously, it can make such a huge difference. Forget the Hollywood portrayal of wedding planners in real life it's not like that at all. Wedding Planners don't take over your wedding and don't cost a fortune, they can actually save you money, by recommending suppliers, being able to source decor items. Most importantly they give you the support you really need especially on the run up to your big day (the last 6 weeks are the most stressful). Not only will you be de-stressed you will have the confidence and assurance that your day will go without a hitch and be as perfect as you dreamed it would be.
10. The most important thing of all.... have fun! Enjoy your engagement, have fun in the planning and look forward to one of the biggest and happiest days of your life.